Tuesday, January 26, 2021

To make it as a writer, one must develop a genuine love for writing - Christiana Ihuoma Pepple

 

TO MAKE IT AS A WRITER, ONE MUST DEVELOP A GENUINE LOVE FOR WRITING - CHRISTIANA IHUOMA PEPPLE


 
Christiana Ihuoma Pepple hails from Bonny, Rivers State. She lectures at the Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny. In this concise interview with Wole Adedoyin, she shared with him some facts surrounding her writing career.

 WA: WHY ARE YOU A POET?

 CIP: I would say that literature chose me and once I got acquainted with the art form poetry, I loved it instantly as I realized it was a pure, true and free way of expressing myself.

 WA:  WHAT POETS DO YOU ADMIRE?

 CIP:  I read poetry from poets like David Diop, Wole Soyinka, Kofi Awoonor, J.P Clark and a host of others. These poets were my foundation in my poetry studies.

 WA: WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

 CIP: Life generally; the experiences I go through, the experiences others go through.

 WA: TELL US ABOUT A NORMAL WORKING DAY.

 CIP: Well, on days when I have early morning classes, I start my day early. I go through my classes, attend to other important matters at the office before heading back home at the close of work. But I am really more active at night; the night is when I do most of my heavy reading and writing. 

 WA:  HOW DO YOU WRITE?

 CIP: I write from my heart, while at the same time making sure each element of the poem or whatever I am writing fits or is properly placed.

 WA: WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS BEHIND A POEM?

 CIP: I try to put myself in that situation I'm trying to express. That's the only way I get the most of it.

 WA: WHAT'S YOUR ADVICE TO AN ASPIRING POET?

 CIP: I derive joy anytime I finish a piece. Find your motivation and let that drive you to be better and to do better every single time.

 WA: TALK TO US ABOUT YOUR WRITING ROUTINE; WHAT’S A TYPICAL WRITING DAY FOR YOU?

 CIP: Like I mentioned before, I work better at night. So I get myself settled and get to work.

 WA:  WHERE DO YOU WRITE FROM?

 CIP:  I write from my heart. Everything flows from within.

 WA: WEBSITE(S)?

 CIP: I do not have a website yet but I am majorly active  on my social media platforms. Just search for me using my name Christiana Pepple.

 WA: FAVORITE MOVIE?

 CIP: I don't think I have a favourite movie; I have watched many great and amazing movies in my life.

 WA:  BEST PIECE(S) OF WRITING ADVICE WE HAVEN’T DISCUSSED?

 CIP: If you develop a genuine love for writing, it becomes easy and fun. 

 WA:  Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?

 CIP: I love graphic design and I run tutorials on graphic designing, 3D Animations and Avatars. Plus I have a YouTube channel called Classichristi_speaks. Please check it out https://youtu.be/xezrr9Sso60

 WA: WHAT'S NEXT?

 CIP: I plan to keep writing, to keep growing. To generally become the very best that I can be; to be a positive influence to as many as I can reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment